Friday, May 21, 2010

Baby Names

#1 has suggested names for the baby. Amusing when #1 is only three years old himself.
Mel-mo (Elmo) or Sippy. So DH and I decided (kidding of course) that if its a boy it'll be Mel-mo Sippy and if its a girl, Sippy Mel-mo. Oh, and the most recent suggestion was water bottle. #1 has a blue water bottle that he's quite attached to and I think out of his love for it, decided that it'd be a super name for a baby.
I've taken to writing down all the unique names I hear these days. #1's name is a bit unusual, not weird or bizarre, just you don't hear it very often. And that is what we liked about his name. Strong, manly yet cute for a little guy and he would probably be the only one he'd ever run into. Well, there was that time on the playground when we did run into another little boy about a year or so older who shared his name, but outside of that incident he probably won't ever sit next to another one or annoyingly day after day have someone say "here" when they're not the first xyz in the alphabet, you are. Can you tell I have some issues from having a common name myself? There was this girl in high school, I went to a very small school, who had the same name, different spelling and she was AFTER me in the alphabet according to last names. I cannot tell you how many times she said "here" when the teacher was calling me instead. Sigh. Some people are just dumb errr dense? I guess she's not dumb since apparently she's a doctor now, but maybe dense is a better word for her.
So back to baby names. What do you do if it's another boy? How do you find another unique yet not bizarre name to match this first ones. I mean, I can't name this kid John, not that there is anything wrong with that name, it's just too plain Jane in comparison. If it's a girl, it'll be easier because I already have a unique name in my head that even if someone has a similar name, they won't have it spelled the same way.
The dinner van is coming soon. I don't know if I can stomach mac & cheese tonight and then German food tomorrow. All I have wanted for the past x number of weeks has been American food. Chick Fil A, bagels, Kraft mac & cheese, a turkey sandwich from Jason's Deli...yummm. 28 days, I think, and counting till we touch down back in the good ol' US of A!!

No comments: