Thursday, December 23, 2010

Waiting for Baby!

I've been baking and making things to keep myself preoccupied while waiting for #2 to arrive. Every time I get a contraction I think, yay! this is it!! Only to be disappointed that NOTHING more happens. I didn't get any real notice before #1 was born before the 4:30am first contraction of his birthday so I'm not really expecting any forewarning with this one as well. #1 was born at 40 weeks 1 day. I'm 40 weeks tomorrow. I'd love to have her before tomorrow's 40 wk appointment. I really want her to be here for Christmas. I crocheted a cute little Christmas hat for her just in case she comes and dug out #1's first Christmas bib. Right now she seems as happy as a clam (who even made up that ridiculous phrase?!?) inside. I tried to tell her that it was only about 15 degrees cooler on the outside today than on the inside to persuade her to come out, but it didn't work yet.

I've made cute little felt flowers for headbands for her and I pulled up Martha Stewart's baby bootie pattern which if I can get the printer hooked up and the ink still works, I will print out the template and work on those tonight or tomorrow.


I figure I'll go into labor the minute the kitchen sink is piled high with dishes that I don't feel like washing, the carpet is full of crumbs from #1, and the laundry needs to be done desperately. So if all three must come into play, it'll be next week because I just did a TON of laundry the other day.
Going to go eat my pineapple now. The chili that I made wasn't very spicy. I should have made Guy Fieri's instead of Rachael Ray's!! I made Guy's chili in the dorm last year and it was a hit. Even the guy who was practically crying as he ate it got a second helping because it was so good. Ray's chili is pretty good too, but it doesn't have the same Texas kick that Guy's does.

No comments: